Design Build Approach
Our design build process begins the first time we sit down with you to discuss your ideas, and continues all the way through project completion. We know above all that this is your home, your investment, we simply turn your dreams into reality.
Knowing where to begin is the hardest part for some homeowners, while others may have exactly what they want in mind from the start! Either way, we have an experienced team of architects and designers at your disposal to help define plans and offer inspiration along the way. With your family’s wish-list and budget in mind, we combine comfortable, luxurious living spaces with modern technology and innovation: a true reflection of how busy families live today.
This process can be overwhelming for many, but Shaeffer Contracting carefully steers our clients through the myriad of designs, estimates, permits, and the messy construction process. With Shaeffer Contracting, you partner with a smaller, family-owned design build company. We don’t have dozens of projects going at once, you get our undivided attention, time, and project commitment. Owner Juke Shaeffer is personally involved with every project from start to finish. With integrity, a dedication to quality, and an emphasis on personalized customer service, Juke and team will work tirelessly to make your experience a positive one. That company philosophy has served us well over the years, in fact, most of our business comes from previous happy customers (see our referral program to learn more).
Design Build Process
We have developed our design build process with our customers in mind. It helps you, the homeowner, understand the realities of your project and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- We begin by meeting you onsite to discuss your vision, needs, and goals. We listen and help you design your new space.
- Once we have mutually agreed upon a plan, your project’s specifications will be verified and priced. A professional drafted plan will be delivered to you for your review and approval.
- To begin your project a signed contract is required. We will then apply for all city permits.
- As soon as your plan is approved by the city, work will begin.
- Throughout the process, we take pride in having open communication with our customers to ensure your concerns are met and needs are fulfilled. This can be done in a manner that best fits your schedule–face to face meetings, project walk-throughs, phone/email communications, and weekly status reports. If any concerns or issues arise during your project they are dealt with promptly.
- We pay close attention to how a project might impact a family’s day-to-day life, making sure building materials and equipment are secured to minimize the disruption of your normal living conditions.
- Once your project is complete, we will schedule a thorough walk-through with you to review our work and answer any questions you may have. At closing you will be registered in our warranty program.